Monday, August 15, 2011

Tiempo

No tengo lo!

Taking care of three kids here -- especially when two of them have to start school this week, and we don't have a car, and I don't speak Spanish (aside from what I remember from high school and college 15 years ago (i.e. un poquito)), is even more challenging than in Virginia. Holy cow!

I wish I could record every detail of what we've been through since arriving, but it's just not possible with everything else going on. It really is amazing though. The weather alone! Wow. We have the windows open all the time with the breezes blowing through the house. At night it cools down and is the perfect temperature for sleeping. We're in the rainy season so it does tend to rain through the night, but strangely the days are blue-skied with big puffy white clouds.

One thing we could use a lot more of is rugs. The house is so big, and tiled throughout, so by the end of the day Cubby's knees, hands, and tops of his feet are FILTHY. He is like our own little floor cleaner!

I've been through the school twice, and so far really like what I see. Birdie is very excited to start actual classes tomorrow! So that is very good. Parents are required to drop off Pre-1st (the grade Birdie was evaluated at - long story) students, and pick up, each day this first week. And remember how I mentioned not having a car yet? We've hired a driver for the week, and I understand probably 20% of what he is telling me, and I'm probably getting across about the same amount of what I THINK I'm getting across. We muddle along with lots of smiles though.

And now Cubby is trying to crawl up our death stairs. They are treacherous! Gotta go.


3 comments:

  1. Excuses, excuses... I want pictures! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, but they are good excuses, no?? I will try to figure out the getting-pictures-out-of-our-camera thing this week or weekend! I really want to share pictures, and have the best of intentions, but then things like the emotional well-being of my kids diverts my attention. :) Soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hope the start of school goes well. M is in pre-primaria too..had an open house today where he clung to me. Hope yours are feeling brave. hugs

    ReplyDelete