Sunday, July 31, 2011

Status

- House: rented. Tenants found. They move in a week from tomorrow. (!)
- Red car: almost sold, I think.
- Back yard: full of stuff headed to the curb.
- Clothes: massively pared down. (Good job, The Bee.)
- Toys: sorta pared down. (Sorta good job, me.)
- Furniture/stuff: covered in red and green dots denoting whether it's storage or HHE (Household Effects, aka, the big, slow shipment).
- UAB (Unaccompanied Air Baggage, aka, the small, fast shipment): mostly isolated in Cubby's room.
- Cubby: sleeping MUCH better. The almost 11month old is finally pulling his weight.
- Girls: Excited. Behaving well, for the most part.
- ToDo list: unfortunately... still kinda long! For everything I cross off, I think of one more.
- The Cavalry: arrived Thursday and Friday in the form of my parents and brother, who are a tremendous help, have some experience with this whole international move thing, and can run interference with the wee ones.

Our next-door neighbor held a good-bye barbecue with the rest of our neighbors on our lil' road tonight. Love our street. The kids were running around like crazy.

Tonight is the last night that all of us will sleep in this house. When we arrived here we had one 5 month old lil' Birdie. Six years is a long time. I wonder when (if) we'll be in one place that long again.

Tonight we sang the Weebster song to the girls, which we've sung most every night since...oh, probably since Deevie was born. I told them we'd keep singing it in Mexico. Deevie, mostly confirming, slightly questioning: "And we'll sing it in English."

"Yes, Sweetie, we will. A lot of things we do are going to stay just the same.”

One more full day, then the movers will descend. I think we can, I think we can...

4 comments:

  1. I know you can, I know you can - 'specially with the team you have assembled! I'm excited for you all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, soooo exciting. And tiring. Good luck! (I'm one of Narra's old friends from HS - hi!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh, wow. Grandparents (thank goodness you have reinforcements!), living in a hotel (I think?), singing family songs, cute nicknames for your kids. This doesn't get any sweeter. Good luck w packout.

    ReplyDelete
  4. There's a Consulado de Mexico in Houston...Mexican flag and all. You can work there for two years. We'll be waiting.

    ReplyDelete