Wednesday, September 28, 2011

HHE! (aka. Our Stuff!)


The HHE--aka, the big shipment--arrived yesterday. I wasn't looking forward to it, to be honest. It actually arrived last week, but we decided to hold off until after Deevie's birthday. There were just a few key things I was looking forward to--piano, TV, the printer--but it turns out, getting all your stuff is fun! Being surrounded by familiar things marks a return to normalcy. It puts you at ease... makes your situation feel permanent...  makes toy clean-up take three times as long. Normalcy.

I stayed by the door checking off box numbers and telling the guys where to take things. Narra was upstairs unpacking and making sure they took stuff to the right places. We have a spare room since the girls share a room, and that's where I had them take anything I couldn't identify, thought we wouldn't need soon, or wished we hadn't brought. At this point, the whole house is feeling fairly put together-- except for that room.

Stuff!


6 comments:

  1. Yay, HHE!!! (Hope you had the movers take away the boxes because having packing materials everywhere is the worst....speaking from experience.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG, you sound like Karl. "I like the apartment empty like it is. I wish our stuff would sink in the ocean." <-- actual words he said. Yes, I wanted to kill him.

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY for your stuff. Love the snapshots!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah for stuff - your place looks more filled up with the boxes! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. hooray! that was a good idea about boxes. frankly i have no idea if we got everything.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Karla, your quote from Karl cracked me up. We were BOTH saying that! But now we admit, stuff is awesome. And it's nice knowing we can do without - we've already started a giveaway pile. And yes, Krissy, we got them to take the packing stuff away! One reason I was a mad woman unpacking the important stuff! So worth it.

    ReplyDelete