Friday, October 14, 2011

Do Not Question the Deevie

For the past few weeks, Deevie has been breaking into song, saying something that sounded like "Papa Americano!" All the rest of the family would correct her, saying that it MUST be "Pan-Americano" or something affiliated with the Pan American Games that start tonight in Guadalajara.

So this morning, as I drove with Cubby to a yoga class, listening to 98.7 (my favorite Guadalajara radio station that often plays some of my old staples by Depeche Mode, the Cure, Morrissey, etc), on comes a song that distinctly sings "PAPA Americano." I was curious enough to Google it when I got home, and this video is what I found.

I apologized to Deevie immediately. She was very happy that she was right.

Deevie: "We watched this video at school! It's funny!"
Me: "Why in the world would you watch this video at school?!"
Deevie (rolling her eyes, as if I'm the most clueless person in the world): "Because of the Pan-American Games."

And now Deevie is of course singing the "Papa Americano" part over and over as she scoots around on her EZ Roller.

Deevie: "Why did you guys keep correcting me?! Now I get confused between Pan-Americano and Papa Americano! I was right BEFORE!!!"

Sorry, sweetie! :)






4 comments:

  1. Hoi, that's my new name for sure. -Papa Americano

    ReplyDelete
  2. Papa Americano...I like it! The girls got a good laugh at it as well. Oh, and please teach Grommy how to post comments here!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Confundida! I don't understand what this video has to do with "Papa Americano." Clearly the guy is about to become a papa at the end (and my question is not the point of the post, I know), but.... What am I missing? Makes me feel old! Geema

    ReplyDelete
  4. Geema, I completely agree! We are totally confused. As N said last night, "I just wish I could hear what the teacher said to the class before she played this thing." What in the world does it have to do with the Pan Am Games?? And you should see me making up what the video means to the girls. They have a million questions, and I have to have an answer for every one!

    ReplyDelete