Wednesday, December 14, 2011

New Favorite Thing

Elote = Corn. But as I mentioned in a previous post, it's different than the sweet corn we're used to back in the States. But man do I love the stuff. It's often sold by street vendors on the cob, roasted on the spot, seasoned with sal (salt), limon (lemon), and a mayonnaise-based cream sauce if you'd like. (I have yet to try the cream sauce.) Or, you can have it my favorite way -- in a cup with the warm broth it was cooked in, with a little sprinkling of rock salt, a squeeze of fresh lemon, and chili. Ooh la la! Delicioso!

Funny how I'm writing about corn and fail to mention all the other stuff we've been doing. We spent Thanksgiving weekend at the beach for goodness sakes! And did we write about "camping" in Tapalpa? And I hosted the girls in Birdie's class for her birthday with the help of my friend Ani. It's amazing how hard it is to keep up with a blog.

So for now, I write about corn.


1 comment:

  1. Corn, kids...whatever brings you to the blog is worth hearing about. Love to you all!

    ReplyDelete